Terms and conditions
These Standard Terms apply to the use by you of Compass Phone Cards. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated.
1. Provision of Services
We aim to provide you with consistently reliable and good quality service. Service can be affected by interference, atmospheric conditions, outages, maintenance or congestion. We do not guarantee that the service we provide will be perfect at all times. If and when your Compass phone card services are disrupted we will do our best to reinstate our services to you as soon as we can.
- Rates are for calls to and from landlines (unless otherwise stated).
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Extra charges may apply for calls from hotels/motels
- Credit balances are not refundable or transferable.
- Charges for Services vary according to card type. Details of the applicable charges may be obtained from the card display backer, www.compassphonecards.co.nz, or from Compass customer services.
- Different charges apply depending on whether calls are made via a local access number, national convenience number or a nationwide local access number. These different charges are detailed on the card back.
- When making a local access call from a payphone or mobile phone, usual pay phone or mobile phone charges apply before a call can be made.
- Call records shown as used on the card are agreed by you to be final proof of calls made and call duration.
- 0800, 0900, 018 and 0172 numbers cannot be called using Compass Phone Cards.
3. Amendments to Standard Terms
Compass may amend or replace these Standard Terms from time to time.
4. Use of Services
You may not use, or allow anyone to use the Services for any unlawful purpose or in a manner that may cause damage to Compass’ network or interfere with the provision of Services to other customers.
5. Our liability to you
To the extent allowable by law:
- our liability for any claim, damages, loss or expense that you incur as a result of anything we have done or not done is limited to Compass’ standard charge for providing the Service giving rise to the claim against Compass ; and
- we will not be liable for any loss of profits or any consequential, indirect or special damage, loss or injury of any kind suffered by you or any other person.
6. Liability of third parties to you
The following people will not have any liability to you:
- our employees, contractors and representatives;
- other network operators who use our network and allow us to use their networks, and their employees, contractors and representatives; and
- any person who provides any service, which is part of our services, and their employees, contractors and representatives.
7. Nature of Compass Phone Cards
Charges for calls made using the Compass Phone Card will be debited against the credit balance on the card. The calls can be made by anyone who is aware of the card number. Therefore you should keep the access number confidential to prevent misuse and should protect the card as securely as cash. Compass is not liable to you for any loss arising out of misuse, loss or theft of the Phone Card or associated card number. Phone Cards are not redeemable for cash and credit balances are not refundable.
8. Expiry of Cards
See the back of the cards for expiry dates.
Compass Phone Cards Returns Policy
Compass will replace or recharge Compass Phone Cards proven to be faulty provided that the customer reports such fault to Compass Customer Care by telephone (0800 640 840) stating the customer's full name, address and contact details, together with card number and sequence number.
Compass Phone Cards suspected to be faulty must be returned to Compass Phone Cards, PO Box 2533, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140 within 10 working days of the fault being reported to Compass whereupon receipt thereof Compass at its discretion may elect to replace or recharge the card. In no event will cash refunds be made.
Compass Promotional Phone Cards
Compass Phone Cards provide a range of promotional cards for customers and retailers. These cards have a sticker on the front explaining that each card is loaded with UP to a number of minutes free talk time. The number of minutes of free talk time is calculated at the lowest rate, including any additonal charges connected to the card. It is calculated on local access methods.